Manga Sekai Index du Forum
Manga Sekai
Forum sur les mangas... Il vous ouvre les portes...

Manga Sekai Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Minimum bandwidth needed for voice party chat ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manga Sekai Index du Forum -> Culture Nippone -> Autres Informations
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Donnieclark
Lecteurs

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 29 Déc - 11:21 (2017)    Sujet du message: Minimum bandwidth needed for voice party chat Répondre en citant

Hi,
      I also acquired some high-powered AC1200 routers, and he suddenly called me one day and said that he wanted to install a high-powered router, so he could get his PS3 online.

So I did, and it basically came out of worked. But then, I realized, he was dealing with double-NAT with the configuration that I set him up with. ("WISP mode")

So, in order to avoid the dual-nat, I configured a pair of the routers, as a layer 2 Wireless Bridges, and had him wire one of them to the neighbor's router, LAN to LAN, and then the paired router, to his PC and new PS4.

Well, that also worked, and seemingly helped with the NAT situation.

But according to the "Internet Setup" on PS4, it's getting anywhere from 160-220 kbit / sec down, and 15-100 kbit / sec up.

Yes, not even a Mbit / sec down or up. Pretty pathetic.

It gets similar speeds, with the router in WISP mode, or the paired router in Wireless Bridge mode. Does not seem to matter much.

I mean, two floors up, it's probably amazing that it's getting a connection at all, that's semi-stable.

He really needs to get his own internet, but every time, he dismisses the idea, as it would be "not good enough". ("50/50 FIOS service from Verizon for $ 40 / mo"? CRAP, according to him! Not good enough for real gaming.)

Comcast Internet Essentials, which is $ 10 / mo for 10-12Mbit / sec down, and like 1.2Mbit / sec up. (He's on a really tight budget.)

He thumbed up his nose up at that too. ("Is not that worse than DSL"?)

I honestly feel that it would be fine for online gaming purposes, but the Comcast 10Mbit / sec will be available for download and streaming to Twitch.tv and the like.

The FIOS would be, I think, perfect for him.

Any way I can convince him to get an updated wired broadband internet connection?

Please help.
Thanks!
I did not find the right solution from the Internet.
References: https: //forums.anandtech.com/threads/minimum-bandwidth-needed-for-voice-party-chat-and-online-gameplay-for-tekken-7-ps4.2509188/

product how to video

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 29 Déc - 11:21 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Manga Sekai Index du Forum -> Culture Nippone -> Autres Informations Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
WorkStation[fusion] © theme by larme d'ange 2006